Tivoli Concentrated Colorants are designed to provide the most effective method of adding colour to solvent based coating and ink products. The high degree of dispersion, high colour strength and ease of use make this range the perfect choice when batch repeatability is a prime objective.
|Description||Code||Colour Index||Pigment %|
|Tivoli Universal White||6/01||P.White 6||65|
|Tivoli Universal Yellow Oxide||42/02||P.Yellow 42||60|
|Tivoli Universal HR Yellow||83/01||P.Yellow 83||11|
|Tivoli Orange||13/01||P.Orange 13||25|
|Tivoli Red Oxide||101/01||P.Red 101||60|
|Tivoli Bright Red||170/01||P.Red 170||35|
|Tivoli Deep Red||48:4/01||P.Red 48:4||25|
|Tivoli Universal Magenta||122/01||P.Red 122||17|
|Tivoli Universal Violet||23/01||P.Violet 23||8|
|Tivoli Universal Green||7/01||P.Green 7||25|
|Tivoli Universal Blue||15:4/01||P.Blue 15:4||25|
|Tivoli Universal Blue||60/01||P.Blue 60||20|
|Tivoli Universal Tint Black||LC7/01||P.Black 7||15|
|Tivoli Universal Gloss Black||HC7/01||P.Black 7||11|
- High degree of compatibility, acrylic, polyester, polyurethane, alkyd (long/medium/short oil length), hydrocarbon, CAB, CAP, vinyl, nitrocellulose.
- Pigments selected for their light-fastness and resistance properties.
- Colour strength controlled to +/- 3.0%.
- Pigment levels selected to give ease of addition under low shear equipment.
- Low resin and dispersant levels.
Click to view an example Preparation of coating using TIVOLI colour concentratesExpand to view an example Preparation
Formulation for Thermosetting Acrylic Bright Red
Tivoli colour concentrates require addition to a concentrated resin solution. It is advisable to allow for a degree of thinning observed when the concentrates are added due to the highly efficient dispersing aids used during the manufacture of these products.
1)Add the following to a clean vessel:
Shellsol A 5.70
Dowanol PMA 2.80
2) Stir slowly then add the following while continuing to agitate:
Butylated Melamine Resin (70%) 18.30
Type 1 Epoxy Resin (75% in xylene) 6.40
Hydroxy Functional Acrylic (70%) 54.30
Silicone flow additive 0.10
3) Stir slowly for 15 minutes. Increase agitation speed to create a vortex before adding Tivoli concentrates:
Tivoli Universal Bright Red 170/01 20.00
Tivoli Universal Blue 60/01 1.60
4) High speed stir for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before adjusting for viscosity.
Coverage: 30-40 microns
Viscosity: 80-100 sec ISO 4 cup
Cure: 30 minutes @ 140-160C
Hardness: 2H pencil
All information contained herein is given without warranty, and buyers and users are advised to make their own assessments as to suitability for their own requirements.
We are very happy to discuss your requirements and to provide our advice, experience and a quote if needed, without obligation. Contact us.